I guess it's about time to update my blog since I am no longer on a solo adventure. So...meet the Ntows! We are so grateful for the love, joy, and sunshine in our lives! Although our life together isn't always sunny, we have weathered the storms together (God, Terry, and I) until the sun is shining once again. We know that as long as we put our faith, hope, trust, and belief in God, we will always find sunshine in our lives.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
How Trusting Is Too Trusting?
I’m pretty ticked off right now. Sorry…I need to vent. If you don’t want a downer, go ahead and just bypass this entry. There’s a guy who lives right by the school, and we first met when I was looking for the money that I dropped out of my pocket that one time when I was running. He was really caring and really helpful…and after that, he started coming over and chatting every time he was around when I was walking by. So I gave him my number when he asked (I have a hard time saying no to anyone…especially someone who’s been really nice and who I know I’ll see all the time).
A couple of weeks ago, he texted that his uncle didn’t believe that he had a white friend, so he wanted me to go with him to the internet café so that he could prove he wasn’t lying. I’ve been busy, but finally…today, on my way home from work, he stopped and asked if I could go right then. I knew that every other afternoon this week I’d be leaving school late because we’re picking up volleyball practice again tomorrow, and I had nothing to rush home to tonight…so I figured I’d just get this over with and go (he’s been calling and texting a lot about it…so I wanted to do it sooner than later).
We walked to an internet café, and everything was fine. Once we got there, we had to wait for awhile because the open computers weren’t working, and then the power went out (I was getting worried as it got later and darker), but eventually we got on and got connected. Oh yeah…while we were waiting, I got the full story that his uncle is Muslim and moved to Saudi Arabia for work, and I’d be meeting his uncle’s friend who was the one that didn’t believe me. Well…we got on, and were like chatting (typing) with video, but there was no sound. I don’t know how I could be so stupid! He kept telling me what to write…but I was glad because the whole thing was awkward…and I really didn’t know what to say. I thought it was strange that he wanted to type as if it was him talking…but again…it didn’t register what was going on. Some of the comments the guy made were strange…but I chalked it up to language barriers. It wasn’t until I was getting off, and the guy I was with started typing, “Please help me…sms me later…byeeeeeeeeee” over and over again that I started to realize something was fishy. And it wasn’t until the walk home that everything finally made sense.
He didn’t know this guy. The whole story about his Muslim uncle’s a lie. He was me! Or I was him! And he wants the Saudi Arabian guy to give him money or something…who knows what…and had me pose as the person the Saudi Arabian guy has been texting! I’m so frustrated right now! It doesn’t help that I had to walk home after it was completely dark, so was kinda freaked out, and, of course, had a creepy guy stop his bike right in front of me and didn’t want me to pass until I gave him a hug (I didn’t…in the mood I was in I had no trouble saying no).
On a lighter note = )…the guy we were sitting next to in the café said, “Moshi moshi” to me…so cute! I was like, “I actually am Japanese (since everyone else seems to think I‘m Chinese)! How do you know moshi moshi?” He was like, “I studied in China for a little bit. Do you remember me? I saw you when you were running.” I couldn’t remember who he was at first, but I think he’s a guy that was in a car and yelled something in Chinese out the window. Because traffic was so bad, he slowed down to my pace, and I guess I must’ve said that I wasn’t Chinese, I was Japanese. Anyways…it was awkward because we passed a couple of times after that since traffic was so backed up…haha…but how random that I’m seated right next to him at the café!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment