I guess it's about time to update my blog since I am no longer on a solo adventure. So...meet the Ntows! We are so grateful for the love, joy, and sunshine in our lives! Although our life together isn't always sunny, we have weathered the storms together (God, Terry, and I) until the sun is shining once again. We know that as long as we put our faith, hope, trust, and belief in God, we will always find sunshine in our lives.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
My First Bucket Shower
We ran out of water tonight (I feel so bad…I did a load of laundry last night…so it’s my fault = /)…but, luckily, I got to use a bucket to bathe, instead of baby wipes = ) And it was actually really quite fun = )
When I first got into the shower and was standing next to the bucket of water, I had no idea where to begin. My main concerns were keeping the water clean and not running out (because if that happened, I’d be stuck). So I took a clean sock (I don’t have a washcloth) and started dipping it in the bucket and squeezing the water over me. The sock washcloth worked really well for cleaning and rinsing my body. But then it was time to wash my hair, which I thought was going to be the trickiest part. I just ended up bending over and dunking my whole head in the bucket. It worked quite well, except for the getting water up my nose part…haha…but it just made it feel like I was swimming = ) Rinsing the shampoo out was difficult because there wasn’t really room for both my head and hands in the bucket, but I managed = ) And by the end, I was so impressed with how little water I had used! It was only like six inches of the water gone! So now I had an almost full bucket with all of this soapy water, which I just had to pour down the drain (I couldn’t think of how else to use it…although later I realized I shoulda put it in my toilet tank…shucks), but if any of you are looking at ways to conserve water, might I recommend bucket showers = )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment