Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Last Day of Volleyball


Wow…what a great day with my girls today! = )  It was our last practice…and it started pouring in the middle of it…but they just kept right on playing…even when the boys ran for cover = )  They worked so hard, ran with little complaining, were excited to do our circuit training, only needed gentle prodding and pushing to complete it…haha = ), didn’t get mad at or criticize each other when we were playing, and showed so much improvement in their game!  At the end, I felt like we needed to do something special for our last practice, so we gathered in a circle and shared one thing we learned and our favorite part of the season.  The things they learned were so thoughtful, some remembering all the way back to the very first day when I gave them a lesson on calories in/out, metabolism, etc.  But Nana Yaa said, “I learned that you aren’t mean to people.”  Oh my gosh…it almost melted my heart!  I’m like close to crying right now just writing about it!  And then when we talked about their favorite part, they all said stretching!  Who woulda thought!  So we ended with their favorite stretch, the one where you lie down and cross one leg over the other while keeping both shoulders on the ground and your arms stretched out.  As I lay there serenely, feeling that wonderful stretch with the rain (which had settled down from a torrential downpour to a light misting) falling gently in my face, I thought, “This is a perfect moment.” = )


Most of my volleyball girls = )

1 comment:

  1. what cute girls!! And Jac you should wear white pants more often...you look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete