Two arms, eyes to see, ears to hear, and everything else that makes it possible for me to go for a run! I forgot how good it feels…and even though I didn’t last very long = /…it was wonderful! = ) Running here is difficult…most of the ground isn’t even, so a couple of times I thought I should’ve worn my ankle brace…haha…and on some roads the dirt/dust is so deep and fine that it’s like running in sand. It’s hard to decide whether to run on a main road where parts of the road are paved, but you’re dealing with crazy drivers…or to run on side roads that are the uneven dirt and dust I already talked about. But still - it was so much fun! Just…once again…made me grateful for things I take for granted at home. I also don’t think I’ve heard the word “obroni” more in a half hour time span than on my run…haha = ) My favorite was a group of kids (standing in the back of a truck = /) yelling, “Obroni China! Obroni China!“ It seems that I’ve got people really confused about what I am. Some of the kids in the class of a new girl at school think I’m her mom because, apparently, we talk the same. But she’s a black girl from London!…haha = ) Anyways…back to the run…if seeing a white person is strange here, and seeing someone running is strange, you can only imagine some of the looks I got…haha = )
It really was a pretty normal day - a good day…but not too exciting. Plus, I’m super tired! So, I guess all I have left to add is that, Lyle, I see now how you can eat so much rice. When you don’t snack all day like I used to, you get really hungry! And when you’re really hungry you eat a lot! Tonight I had THREE servings of rice…oh my = / But yeah…no more giving you a hard time ; )
 |
Since today's so short and boring, thought I'd
at least include a couple of... |
 |
| ADORABLE pictures! = ) |
 |
| And the most delectable candy... |
 |
YUM! (Okay...so maybe it doesn't look to yum
here...but it's chocolate and like hard nougatish
stuff and strawberry jam and caramel...and
it's really oh-so-good! = ) |
I will pass the message onto Lyle...it will make him so happy :) I always give him reports on how you are doing (the fact that he actually listens when I talk about you shows how much he loves you ;) What is Obroni? And so glad you had such a wonderful time running :)
ReplyDeleteOops! I thought I already explained what obroni means. It means white person - so thinking it was like haole, I asked if there's a negative connotation to it. But they said not at all, it's just a description - like we would say, "She's black," they say, "Obroni." And awww...I feel the love = )
ReplyDelete