Thursday, February 2, 2012

The New Arrivals

It was a joyous day here at the Opare compound! = )  Mandy’s oldest brother, Emmanuel, his wife, Natasha, and their two adorable kids, Dante and Iris, just moved in = )  There are four apartments in the building where we live…and they moved into the fourth (the first three being occupied by Mandy and Chuks and Chi-chi, her sister Marian and John (aka Anny) and Eddy, and Aunty Angie and Aunty Belinda…and maybe Aunty Vero…and their kids)!  I told them that’s my dream - for me, my sisters and brother, and our future families!  It was so cute…Dante was roaming around making funny noises, and I asked if he was a dinosaur.  He replied, “No!  I’m a dragon!” = )  It was so crazy hearing a kid talk in an American accent!…and so nice to be able to understand him so easily = )  Iris is so beautiful!…with these huge, brownish-blue eyes and curly hair.  I didn’t get to meet Natasha yet, but Emmanuel is so friendly and warm!

Other than that, the high point of my day was getting to go on my first run (albeit a short one).  Melinda walked home with me today so that she could see Emmanuel and family, and once we got there we realized we had forgotten the money (we carry it home everyday so that it can be deposited in the bank)!  Marian told us to go back, so we looked at each other with frowns, until I had the brilliant idea that I could go change into running clothes and run there and get it.  Charles was so cute and said he’s run with me…so we ran there and back (which probably only took like 10-15 minutes…but it still felt SO good! = )  No one runs outside in this area…but I’m thinking I’m going to have to break the mold because that little taste was too good! = )

Interesting tid-bit from today.  Two boys got in a fight (well…one slapped another…I don’t think it really went further than that) and Melinda said that they would be caned! = /  She said when it’s something that serious it calls for that punishment - aish!

Oh…and sorry…I didn’t wanna bombard them with my camera the first time I ever met them…but I’ll get pics of them for sure = )

When I got home, they all wanted me to take pics of them...

So we had a photo shoot outside...



And inside Aunty Angie's apartment

These girls, Natalie, Grace, and little Amanda,
are Aunty Belinda's daughters and live here, too


1 comment:

  1. It was sooo good to talk to you today :) And glad you got to go on a run!!

    ReplyDelete