Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray! (my January entry)


Wow…I’m old.  Two days ago I turned 28!  The only consolation is that it has an 8 in it…but other than that, I don’t really like this “getting older every year” thing…haha = /  But I gotta admit…the last year was a pretty amazing one…and I’m really looking forward to what this year has to offer = ) 

It’s crazy to think that on my birthday last year, I didn’t even know Terry.  And then this year on my birthday he was making me breakfast in bed!  It was a really nice day = )  More low-key than most birthdays…but the morning was really special!  After bringing me breakfast in bed, he surprised me with a scavenger hunt = )  It was SO sweet and SO much fun!  He had me running from place to place searching for clues and finding sweet notes and gifts along the way.  I felt like a little kid, and was so impressed that he was able to pull off the surprise = )  For my gifts, he gave me a matching set of 2 beaded bracelets and a necklace.  It was pretty amazing because I haven’t been able to find African-style jewelry that I like, but what he picked out for me were the perfect colors, and the perfect blend of African and modern.  This kid really knows me = )

I often look at him and just wonder how I got so lucky.  If you had asked me a year ago whether I’d be married to the man of my dreams today, I’d have been like, “Haha…good try…but he doesn’t exist.”  How he wasn’t snatched up before I came along, and why he picked me, still baffles me…but I am grateful every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment