| Can you see the footprints in the middle...and the tire tracks on either side?...even though the paved road ends to the left |
| More tire tracks off of the road. But no wonder...look at how eroded the edge of the road is! |
But yeah…that’s just part of it. At intersections here, it’s
like every man for himself. Cars that are turning just turn without pausing…even if you’re still coming straight. In fact, there’s a lot of not pausing. Taxis will just come right into traffic…like into your car and you have to swerve. Oh my gosh…on our way to the airport on one of the trips…there were 3 lanes turning (and none going straight…oh yeah…I guess there‘re lanes in downtown) and I
don’t know how it happened…but on the turn we were four wide. So once we were back on the straightaway we had to totally brake and swerve because the taxi next to us just came right into the lane…right where we were. I honestly didn’t think were gonna come out unscathed!
| A close up of that spot |
And then there’s the horn. Horn honking here is a whole language in and of itself. It can mean, “Get out of the way pedestrian or else I will hit you.” It can mean, “I’m coming into traffic, so make way.” It can mean, “Taxi, I see you coming but I’m not stopping so you better watch it.” It’s just got so many meanings!…haha = )
| See how the car's on the wrong side of the road |
| And how it would be hard to know where you're even supposed to drive |
| You can't really tell...but there were cars like driving into each other right here |
| I know this is so many pictures of the same thing...but this is just some of the potholes that I saw in like a two minute time span |
I won't complain about dumb and crazy drivers again...well at least not to you ;)
ReplyDelete