Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two Days and Still Kickin' = )

I was given a lot of warnings about the food and water here not agreeing with my stomach, so I came equipped with a pricey water filter and purification system and a lot of worry regarding that matter.  Chad, the guy I sat next to on the plane, said that everyone gets sick (it's not a matter of if, but when), so I should just live the experience to the fullest because getting sick is worth trying the food and everything.  Well, they have a Menehune-type water jug, so drinking water has been easy (although I don't know how expensive it is, so I'm trying not to drink too much, which has had a positive side-effect - I've figured out the secret to not peeing ever ten minutes = ).  But I've still brushed my teeth and showered with tap water (without swallowing, of course...well, sort of.  I started to swallow the first time I brushed, out of sheer habit, but as soon as I tasted it, I remembered and spit the rest out), eaten all the food (on dishes washed with tap water, some of which have still been wet), and not gotten sick! = )  Oh man, it's like I'm daring the bacteria to get me, huh?  I'll knock on wood = )

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the poop on top of everything else...oh gosh you poor girl! And you are going to have a tummy of steel by the time you get back :)

    ReplyDelete