| You can see the dirt coating everything...and the gray sky |
| Dirty Leaves - Ayo and Chis...now these could use wiping ; ) |
Okay…so that’s what they call the dry season…which just started. It’s normally in December and January…but it came late this year. It’s cooler…like I actually feel cold when I first wake up in the morning, and it’s not dry like my skin is cracking…but I have been using lotion some, and I’m not sweaty at the end of the day = ) Actually…the first day of Hamattan…Melinda was so cold (it was probably 80 degrees) that her hands were ice! We were talking about it in front of one of the fathers…and he rubbed my skin and said, “This skin likes the cold. This skin (rubbing his own), does not”…haha! = ) If he only knew how much this skin HATES the cold! = ) But I guess if this is cold…then he’s right. The temperature has been so nice! = ) But the dryness also means that there’s dirt EVERYWHERE! Like we went into the office this morning, and we had to wipe down all of the chairs in there, even though the windows and doors were closed all night. And at church on Sunday…all of the pews had a coating of dirt (I didn’t realize it at first, until I put my purse on my lap that had been on the pew…and had a big spot of dirt in my lap…oops…haha = ) Even the leaves are coated with dirt! When I blow my nose my boogers are black, when I clean my ears the q-tip is so dirty…basically the timing of the lack of shower and ever present dirt is kind of unfortunate. It’s crazy how hazy (hahaha!) everything is! The sky is just gray all day…and when you look into the distance…there’s just like this fog of dirt…it’s so interesting! I do miss the sun, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment