Tuesday, January 24, 2012

GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

Kids watching the game (well sorta...it's halftime now)

That’s what they yelled while running around the school when Ghana scored today = )  It’s the Africa Cup of Nations (like the World Cup for Africa) right now…and Ghana played it’s first game today.  It was so fun…we had this TV propped on a couple of computers in the computer lab…and the kids had a tv set on the stage in the assembly hall…and we all gathered around and watched.  I didn’t understand half (or more) of what they said and were arguing about…but it was fun to watch with a group that was so excited and passionate (it was some of the guys I play soccer with, and a couple of other soccer-loving, not in the shape to play anymore teachers and staff…and one random guy I didn‘t know = )

On my way home (it was later than usual because of the game), I passed by a group of kids playing outside…and they just started waving…and ran over to ask my name and say hi…it was so cute!  How fun is that! = )

Mika…what are the chances…for dinner we had ground nut soup (aka peanut butter soup - Mika and Justin were just asking about it because they heard it’s really good…and actually…my mom made some before I left = )!  It was yummy…but I liked mom’s better.  This one was thinner and oilier.  But yeah…for lunch I had street food - jollof rice, fried chicken, and coleslaw!…meaning uncooked produce…and I was fine! = )

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo that your tummy's okay :) And I can just imagine you dancing every moment of the day because of the music coming from the sports bar ;)

    ReplyDelete