| This is what the water tanks look like - these are at the school |
Chuks was so cute! He came out this morning and was like, “The water’s on, so you don’t have to worry about being on time to work; you can go shower now.” But I was already all ready (haha!) so I thanked him but told him people would just have to deal with my smell today = ) But yeah…they’re really too good to me! I would’ve been like, “Freak, ‘cause you’re here using our water we don’t have any.” But instead they’re just so giving and accommodating!
But I do feel really bad, so, while I was being cautious about my water use and trying to conserve, my efforts are now increasing. I’m thinking this’ll be so good for me in the future, too! Try pay attention to times that you could be saving water, like pretend like you only have a limited supply (well…it’s not exactly pretend if you really think about it) and see where you can make changes. It’s kind of incredible! I drink a lot less, too! I know…me?! But yes, it’s true. My water bottle lasts me the entire day, like from when I wake up to when I get home from school, between 5:30-6:30!
It’s funny…because I thought that my time here would be a little more like that, like maybe no plumbing or hot water or something. But I woulda died if it was…haha = ) Okay…maybe not died. It was actually liberating to realize that not showering is not the end of the world (it just meant today was a high, slicked back bun day = )…but still - I don’t think I could do it long term. My respect for people who live that way has jumped by leaps and bounds!
Anyway…I come home from work and went directly into the shower…and I feel SO good! = )
| Forgot to add this to my entry yesterday... the one talking about how this apartment used to house the boarders for the school - this is my bedroom door...haha |
well that's a nice welcome home everyday ;) And I am just marveling at my lil sis going without a shower and conserving water...I'll never say never again :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! I don't even notice it anymore...haha = ) And I know, right?! Who am I?!...haha! = )
ReplyDelete