Laundry was also different than home. I’m spoiled because they have a washing machine…so I was very grateful for that! = ) But it’s a lot smaller than the washers we have at home…so it would be hard to keep up with laundry for a whole family! And then there’s the whole drying part. It seems like they don’t have dryers here, so you dry clothes on a rack. Mandy has a really nice, big one that I was able to fit my whole load on…but once the second load was finished washing…the first load still wasn’t dry…so that makes laundry take like the whole day. And then…since we take the rack outside to dry…Mandy has to iron all of Chi-Chi’s clothes before she puts them away, to kill the germs (oh…I forgot to mention this earlier…but their iron is bomb! It like irons clothes so quickly!).
I guess it's about time to update my blog since I am no longer on a solo adventure. So...meet the Ntows! We are so grateful for the love, joy, and sunshine in our lives! Although our life together isn't always sunny, we have weathered the storms together (God, Terry, and I) until the sun is shining once again. We know that as long as we put our faith, hope, trust, and belief in God, we will always find sunshine in our lives.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
“Saturday is a special day, it’s the day we get ready for Sunday.”
Well…like this primary song says…today was cleaning and laundry day. They don’t have vacuums here…so cleaning consists of sweeping and mopping the floors. It’s surprising how quickly things get dirty here! We don’t open any of the windows because of the A/C…and still there was dirt that had reached all the way to the corners of my bathroom. There are gaps between windows & walls and doors & walls…but still, it’s incredible how the dirt manages to travel in.
Laundry was also different than home. I’m spoiled because they have a washing machine…so I was very grateful for that! = ) But it’s a lot smaller than the washers we have at home…so it would be hard to keep up with laundry for a whole family! And then there’s the whole drying part. It seems like they don’t have dryers here, so you dry clothes on a rack. Mandy has a really nice, big one that I was able to fit my whole load on…but once the second load was finished washing…the first load still wasn’t dry…so that makes laundry take like the whole day. And then…since we take the rack outside to dry…Mandy has to iron all of Chi-Chi’s clothes before she puts them away, to kill the germs (oh…I forgot to mention this earlier…but their iron is bomb! It like irons clothes so quickly!).
Laundry was also different than home. I’m spoiled because they have a washing machine…so I was very grateful for that! = ) But it’s a lot smaller than the washers we have at home…so it would be hard to keep up with laundry for a whole family! And then there’s the whole drying part. It seems like they don’t have dryers here, so you dry clothes on a rack. Mandy has a really nice, big one that I was able to fit my whole load on…but once the second load was finished washing…the first load still wasn’t dry…so that makes laundry take like the whole day. And then…since we take the rack outside to dry…Mandy has to iron all of Chi-Chi’s clothes before she puts them away, to kill the germs (oh…I forgot to mention this earlier…but their iron is bomb! It like irons clothes so quickly!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment