Monday, January 2, 2012

It's actually here...

Wow!  Can't really believe that the time has come!  I leave in a little over 24 hours...and I'm feeling a whole spectrum of emotions!  The first is disbelief - it's just been such a long time coming...it's hard to believe the moment has arrived.  I'm feeling excitement!  I'm finally going to be seeing this dream come to fruition!  I'm feeling gratitude...so many people have helped to make this possible...I never could've done it on my own!  I'm especially grateful to Heavenly Father for paving the way all along.  I'm feeling sadness.  I don't think it's making it easier that I'm gonna have to be saying good-bye to the whole family - it's been a dream being all together!  And I'm feeling anxiousness, anticipation, and nervousness...not knowing what to expect.  Pretty sure the rest of my emotions haven't been given names yet...so I'll leave it at that.  But yeah...tomorrow's gonna go by in a flash, I'm sure, so I figured I'd better get this written before it's too late.  Well...I guess that's it.  Pretty much just wanted to say bye before I stepped off American soil...and document how I'm feeling a little...and I guess I've done that so next post will be from Ghana!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited for you Jaclyn!! Wish you the best of luck, and health, and safety, and the most AWESOME experiences of your life!!!! XX, Rachel Hikida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Rachel! That's so sweet! = )

    ReplyDelete