Life is funny. What I thought was going to be awful, a 7 hour layover in Dulles (Washington, D.C.), turned out to be a lot of fun - talking on the phone, checking emails and Facebook, eating sushi for the last time for awhile, reading... Now I'm sitting in Brussels, Belgium eating Belgian dark chocolate on a comfy couch with my laptop open and cool foreign languages being spoken around me, but instead of being the happiest girl ever, I'm just feeling really sad and homesick. What I would give to hear my mom's voice. Sometimes it's the simple things in life, the ones we often take for granted, that bring the greatest joy.
And with that...I'm going to stop being a downer and take advantage of the couple hours I have here. After all, it's my first time in Europe...I better make it memorable = )
Oh Jac! I wish we were there with you!! Love you so so much :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes when you're doing really cool awesome things you have to remind yourself that what you're doing is really cool and awesome - it's because those things are harder to do than the everyday. Good Luck! You'll do great!
ReplyDeleteAwww! I miss you! I hope you arrived safely and are beginning to have awesome experiences!
ReplyDeleteJules and Kristen...I miss you guys too!!!! Jules...I do, too...and LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! And Kristen...thanks = )...I'm here safely and will start blogging my "awesome experience" as soon as I can get my own computer on the internet. And Andrea...that's like the greatest advice...thanks so much! Just what I needed to hear! = )
ReplyDelete